Reverend Harold S. Booker, Pastor
Sunday, March 10, 2019
The Breakthrough Series
Believe Big, Pray Big
9 And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.
10 And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another what the rising from the dead should mean.
11 And they asked him, saying, Why say the scribes that Elias must first come?
12 And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.
13 But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.
14 And when he came to his disciples, he saw a great multitude about them, and the scribes questioning with them.
5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
27 And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us.
28 And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this?They said unto him, Yea, Lord.
29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.
30 And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.
31 But they, when they were departed, spread abroad his fame in all that country.
32 As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil.
33 And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.
34 But the Pharisees said, He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils.
Sunday, March 17, 2019
The Breakthrough Series
1. The deeper our relationship with God is, the
bigger our belief will be.
– What you know about God will dictate what you believe about God. And what you believe about God will dictate your outlook.
– God is our Friend and our good Father. He wants a relationship with us.
– We grow our relationship with God by:
▪ Prayer-talking to Him
▪ Getting into His word
▪ Listening to His voice
▪ Obedience – when God speaks we obey.
▪ Making God first priority in our lives. Matthew 6:33 tells us“Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.”
2. Grow your belief by exercising it.
– Exercising our belief is different than faith.
– You don’t need more faith.
Jesus’s disciples in Luke 17:5-6 asked Him once, “Show us how to increase our faith.” Jesus told them, “If you had faith even the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, “May you be uprooted and thrown into the sea,’ and it would obey you!”
– This issue is not faith; it’s a matter of asking, “Who we believe?”
– Faith is believing there is a God. Belief is believing that God will do what He says He will do.
Faith gets you into heaven, but it is belief that positions you for a miracle. We need to grow our belief so we can believe big. We do this by exercising it.
3. Choose belief or fear.
– Joyce Meyer has the best explanation of fear: false evidence appearing real.
– If we know how much God loves us and have experienced His perfect love, there won’t be a place for fear to take root in our lives.
1 John 4:18 (NLT) tells us “Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.”
– When you Believe Big, you don’t worry about how God answers. You just know He always does, though not always the way you asked.
– Choosing belief over fear is a constant process.
– “If people truly realized the power of prayer they would pray more often.”
– This Easter is a season of Breakthrough.
It’s the Key to seeing our Breakthrough……..AMEN
Reverend Harold S. Booker
When you have a Setback, Don’t Stepback.
God is preparing you for an Ultimate Comeback.
Sunday, April 7, 2019
The Breakthrough Series
Get Close to Jesus
43 And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,
44 Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched.
Pray Until Something Happens
- He can’t heal what is concealed.
- Take everything to Jesus.
Remember: “daughter your FAITH has made you whole.”